Questions and answers for version 3 only.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the exSILentia Server software cover Failure Modes, Effects, and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA) and/or Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)?
- How do I model a Final Element with 2 solenoids (1oo2), and an actuator/valve combination (1oo1) in exSILentia online
- How does exSILentia use the sensor selections 1oo2 vs 1oo2D or 1oo1 vs 1oo1D?
- How is the exSILentia Online software kept up to date, and what maintenance fees apply?
- How is the exSILentia Server software kept up to date, and what maintenance fees apply?
- I have a rather complex configuration that is not in the list of voting architectures in exSILentia Online. How can I combine my data to generate the correct results?
- I have some SIFs that are energize-to-trip. SILver states that it handles de-energize-to-trip functions only. How can I analyse the energize-to-trip functions using exSILentia?
- Is there any way to store the Tag Names and other Logic Solver Specific data with the field equipment in exSILentia?
- Many of my SIFs are actually based on the same Sensors or Final Elements. Right now, when I need to change one of these common Groups I have to change it in each of the SIFs that use it. Is there anyway to link these groups in exSILentia?
- Our company has a two-phase approach to SIL target selection; first we use Risk Graph, and then we follow that with LOPA if any candidate SIFs are SIL 2 or higher. How can this be handled in exSILentia?
- Over the course of a project, the reliability data in the Equipment Database may change. Is there a way in the reports to identify which version of the Equipment Data was used to generate the results in exSILentia?
- The file size of the exSILentia reports becomes rather large when I include all SIFs of my project. Can you optimise the reports?
- The standard proof test for our project changed from 6 months to 1 year. How can I change this is for all my SIFs in exSILentia?
- We already have done the SIL assessment (SIL selection) and the only thing we want to do is the reliability calculations (SIL verification). Is there a way to do just that without using all tools integrated in exSILentia?
- We are considering purchasing an exSILentia Server license. What is required in terms of IT infrastructure?
- We have a dongle license for the ExSilentia software. The dongle is used by the colleague that needs to run the software. This means there is a risk that it gets lost of unavailable now and then. I was wondering: Would it be possible to facilitate this so
- We have a SIF with SIL 2 on high demand. According to table 6 of 61511-1:2016, SIL 2 on continuous mode should have HFT 1, and we understand that this applies to high demand mode. However, according to our simulation the SIF complies with SIL 2 having onl
- We use Hazard Matrix as our SIL Selection method; however, our Hazard Matrix methodology allows for Independent Protection Layers (IPLs) to be considered. Does exSILentia support this?
- We use Risk Graph as our SIL Selection method; however, our Risk Graph methodology allows for Independent Protection Layers (IPLs) to be considered. Does exSILentia support this?
- What can I do if we decided to switch from IEC 61511 to IEC 61508 architectural constraints after many SIFs are entered? Is there any way to update these selections for all SIFs in a project using exSILentia?
- What kind of sensor, electronics, actuator, etc. components are listed in the exida SERH equipment database included with exSILentia?
- What should I do if a component is not found in SILver's list of devices in exSILentia?
- Why is a safety loop that has one manual Push button and one final valve not subject to SIL assessment in exSILentia?
- With regards to the exSILentia product tool and the built-in equipment reliability database, does the exSILentia database contain all the equipment included in the SERH and all subsequent updates? Can a user add and store their own equipment?
- With the exSILentia software, it is possible to consider high demand mode applications for a SIF? If yes how do I do this?
- With the stand-alone version of exSILentia, how does the licensing work? I understand there is a USB key, but is it possible for several people in the same office to have the software installed on their individual PCs? We would only ever need one person a